From complete event planning and venue sourcing to the little extras on the day, Sparkles and Dreams Events
are a wedding planning service that can take all the stress away from planning your wedding day.
Meet the face behind the company, Katie, who chatted to us about her company and all things lockdown.
1) Tell us a bit about your company?
My company is Sparkles and Dreams Events and I can cater for any event big or small with dedication, passion and fun. My aim is to make planning your event stress free and to ensure you get the event or day of your dreams.
2) Why did you set your company up?
I’ve always loved planning whether it be my own wedding, parties for friends and family, holiday itineraries or just organising things around our home. I believe I’ve got a skill for finding special touches to suit the occasion or person to make it feel truly unique and special.
I’ve reached a point in my life where I need to follow my dreams and give myself a chance to do this professionally.
My friends all think my level of organisation and planning is extreme and sometimes funny but they certainly don’t complain when they have the best time because everything is arranged and runs smoothly.
3) If you could plan one celebrity couples wedding, who would it be? past or present
Prince William and Kate Middleton – elegant, traditional and beautiful
4) If you were hosting a Dinner Party, which 4 famous people would you invite – past or present?
Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, Tom Ellis, Courtney Cox
I love all of these people in their acting roles and I think they are all genuinely decent people. I think they would bring interesting and diverse conversation and would be fun to have dinner with.
5) If you were getting married this weekend, what venue would you pick?
because it is beautiful and intimate and has everything on site to make a truly magical weekend including a spa, lots of on site activities (archery, segways, clay pigeon shooting) and spectacular golf courses. There are a choice of event suites to suit any budget and occasion size.
6) What is your favourite venue to work with?
Carden Park, effortless and great service.
7) What is your favourite prop for dressing a venue?
I love the neon sign trend and think this brings both a beautiful but edgy feature to any event. They can be bright and bold or add soft light to your occasion.
8) What is your favourite part of the wedding planning process?
The first meeting with my client so I can understand they truly want for their event. What would be their dream come true so that I can start planning and researching how to make it happen for them.
9) What is your dream wedding theme?
Soft and romantic with lots of warm light, candles and flowers. I love soft tulle accents to table dressing and chair covers/decor and some sophisticated sparkle. A nude colour palette looks spectacular for this theme but it really does work with any colour preference. A large flower wall behind the top table, lots of little touches personal to them for the favours and table decorations.
Some fun and interactive pieces to keep everyone entertained such as a caricaturist, a sparkle bar, garden games.
10) Who is generally more difficult to work with, the bride, groom or someone else?
I’m my experience some of the bridesmaids! I’ve had a few difficult conversations with an over enthusiastic Maid of Honours 🙂
11) If you weren’t doing this, what would you do?
I would love to work at Disney!
12) What are you missing the most about the lockdown?
Sourcing beautiful things to use I’m my events, going to shows and finding new bespoke shops and suppliers.
13) If the lockdown was lifted tomorrow, where is the the first place you would go?
To see my best friend and her baby girl because I miss them both very much.
14) If you could only buy one item of food for yourself, what would you buy?
Warm crusty bread and real sea salt butter
15) What are you using your daily outdoor allowance for?
Walking around the village where we live.
16) Have you discovered any new hobbies/skills since being in lockdown?
No, but my cleaning obsession is out of control!
17) What company would you like to aspire to be like or admire?
Disney! Their customer service and employe values are phenomenal
18) Have you got a message for the NHS?
Thank you for everything you are doing to ensure our health and safety is a top priority. Your job is tough and demanding under normal conditions and even more so now. My family and I are forever grateful for everything you are sacrificing.
You will get to meet Katie at our Summer Fairs
where you can have your own chat with her about your wedding.